Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Trying to get drunk.

I have some beer left over from last night. Some that I made myself, and some Bud Lights. I wish I had a heavier lager. I live with my father. I have set up a home network through the walls, but the switch which has about twenty ports is lit up with my father's laptop, so he's still up; he should be asleep by now but he is not. I have another switch that has my cluster on it, a 50 port switch with 43 taken up. It's connected to -- somewhat asleep computers to save electricity. They only come to life when I'm compiling something. I'm a level three tech at one datacenter, and one webhosting service. I name neither to avoid conflict of interest. I'm a on a contract at both services. The datacenter has it's own services which I troubleshoot and fix, and sometimes make improvements. The webhosting, almost the same. And you could say I have a third job as I have a friend who is also a tech -- we trade places when we can't be on a computer -- he's from a third company I dare not name. The datacenter job is a weekly quota job -- put in a certain amount of hours regardless of the time. The webhosting service the same. But HIS job is on a shift-based contract. I dare not say the hours. They're tough, but when I call on his help, he does both of my jobs simultaneously as I do. It's nice to have a friend in this type of business. Guess I am a little buzzed. I've talked too much -- AND I'm posting this. Don't ask for tech support on here. I'll never give it to you. Also, Garrett Hunter. His laugh is delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment